top of page

Camp Eastman, and the Southeast Iowa area in general, has a rich and storied tradition of scouting and camping. CEDA Board Director Bill Ell has spent several years painstakingly researching the early development of camps and camping in the area.
This research has culminated in the first volume of a historical look at the subject. Entitled “The Story of Camping in Southeast Iowa”, Mr. Ell’s book contains stories and articles from many sources covering early Boy Scout camping beginning in 1910. The first volume culminates in 1930, when the name of the official camp of the Southeast Iowa Council was changed from Camp Burro to Camp Eastman. The stories are accompanied by many historical color and black-and-white photographs.


The Story of Camping in Southeast Iowa - 1st Edition

  • 174 Pages

    Full Color Cover

bottom of page